Monday, May 23, 2016

Summer Trip to Chill Chill Coorg

                 
It's a known fact that schools will have summer vacation in the month of April and May. Chennai receives the worst and maximum temperature during these 2 months and people usually plan a trip to some hill station to enjoy the chill weather and to escape from the unbearable hot weather. I am staying in Chennai with my two kids: the younger one is 18 months old and the elder son is 9-year-old. In order to avoid my elder son from the electronic gadget, I made him busy with abacus and chess classes. But my son was constantly pestering me to take him outside. I felt that I too need some relaxation, since I was always running behind my 1 ½ year old son.  Finally we decided to plan a trip to Coorg during the last week of May.

The only reason for preferring hill place was to enjoy the chill climate. I have heard many times about Coorg and its weather from my friends and relatives. I thought it was a nice place to spend the vacation with my family. My husband asked me to prepare a perfect plan and make the complete arrangements for the trip.

Then on I started to analyze the places in Coorg and the best place to stay. I realized that distance from Chennai to Coorg is almost 600 km and it will take around 10 hours of journey by car. It would be really a long and difficult journey and the long journey might affect my younger son. He has never traveled such a long distance. Even for my husband driving 10 hours might be difficult. Then I stumbled across the Domestic Airlines that runs between Chennai and Coorg. Though it was a perfect idea to travel by flight and reduce the travelling time, I ignored the idea of travelling in flight. It was resulting in added expenses and it was not fitting our budget. Then I came across the attractive offers that Yatra provided. I booked round trip in Spicejet Airlines for 4 people through yatra and got 2500 rupees as cash back. With the cash back, I booked a decent accommodation.

The plan was to travel in flight from Chennai to Mysore and after reaching Mysore we will hire a taxi to Coorg since it was just 120 km from Mysore. Here is my blue print for my travel

Day 1:

First day we planned to visit some falls. The primary reason my elder son loves to enjoy in water. He loves waterfall and will enjoy it to the core. While browsing the best place to visit in Coorg, I came across 2 waterfalls - Irrupu and Abbey falls. But our plan was to visit only one falls. Both of the reviews seemed to be equally good. Iruppu Falls was almost 60 km from Madikeri  hence we decided to visit Abbey Falls, since it was just 6 kms from the hotel we stayed.

Day 2:
The second day was planned for exploration. We planned to visit elephant camp and National park. Taking the child to National park is always a good idea. They enjoy watching all the animals. So, I did not forget to include National park visit and wild life safari.

Day 3:
Third day is for myself. For me, a trip is not complete without visiting a holy place. Hence, I planned for temples and near by places in Madikeri.

When I show this blue print to my husband he was praising a lot. Almost everything is ready and we are now eagerly waiting for the day to come.

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete