Monday, January 25, 2016

My Toddler's Favourite Music

“Lullaby” is everyone’s favorite and much loved songs which we use hear in our childhood from our mother or grandmother. Our mother when she was a child would have experienced the sweetness of the lullaby from her mother and this was continued from generation to generation. Now a day the greatest problem is that most new mother’s does not know to sing lullaby and it becomes a challenge for them to keep their kid to sleep or to feel comfortable whenever necessary. I remember my mother saying that my grandmother used to sing lullaby every night, when I was a child. Listening to her voice and sweet rhythm, I used to sleep peacefully. Luckily are the kids who hear those songs.
Unfortunately, I missed to learn that from my grandmother. Even after searching in YouTube, I was not feeling so content with the results I got. While looking for an alternative, I got one super idea that I would like to share.
Here is the new idea for all the lovely mothers which they use to play the song from the mobile as lullaby. The kid used to listen to the song and will turn to sleep very often and it become habit in almost all the kid’s house.
This is about my experience with my kid and how my son becomes favorite to one particular song. I use to sing with my own tune with my own voice to make my son sleep all the time. One day when he was just 6 months while watching television he started crying for no reason. I made him cool by singing song but suddenly “dandanakka song” from the film Romeo Juliet is played in music channel in television. All of a sudden he stopped crying and began to listen the song. From then on his favorite song is “dandanakka” and whatever mood he is, his much loved song is dandanakka.
One day we went to attend a family function, with new faces and new surroundings due to huge crowd he started crying.  We almost made the entire attempt to make him comfortable but he remains restless. Immediately I took out from the place and I played him the song.  All of a sudden he stopped crying and he enjoyed the song. From then on it become our trick to play the song whenever he is restless.    
Though today’s generation miss those lullaby, to some extend it can be replaced with the music or songs that a movie has. Sometimes, my toddler who is just one year old, who speaks with lubbaly voice, request us with sound to play the song in the mobile.
But sometimes, it reflects in other way too. Last week, we all were tired and punched the bed around 10 PM in night. My toddler was energetic and was not ready to sleep. We thought of attempting our usual trick to make him sleep by playing the song. But on the reverse side effect, instead of sleeping, he started dancing.
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment