Sunday, May 10, 2015

Birthday Gift to my son

 “I am writing a letter about how a mother teaches honesty to her child with the Max Life Insurance i-genius #YoursHonestly activity in association with BlogAdda.

Dear Sanju,

                Happy birthday dear son. Today we are celebrating your 7th birthday. You have received new dress, toys, cakes and chocolates from your friends and from your daddy. This letter is your mom’s birthday gift to you. You are now growing my son and you are the first and best friend for your younger brother. You are the role model for your brother my dear son, so whatever you do your brother will follow you.
I want to convey one message to you Sanju. Last week I went to our nearby shop were we use to buy chocolate every day before you get into your school van? The shop uncle said that you brought chocolates for 10 Rs and asked whether I gave you the money. I was confused and thought how you got money? When I came home I asked you “how you got so many chocolates?” You said your friends gave the chocolates. I got angry and slapped you. You became angry with me. “Why did you lie to me Sanju?” “If you want chocolates you must have asked me? Mommy would have given you many more chocolates. Telling lie is a bad habit and nobody will like you if you tell lie. You have to be honest and speak truth in any occasion.

I will tell you a story which tells you the benefits of being honesty. Once there lived a woodcutter who used to cut the trees with the help of his axe. The axe is made up of bronze. There is a river running along the trees. One day when he was cutting the trees the axe fell into the river. The woodcutter could not find his axe. He started crying throughout the day without going to home. On seeing his situation god appeared in front of him and asked him why he was crying? The wood cutter replied that he has lost his axe, without the axe he could not cut the trees. God thought for a while and showed an axe made of gold in front of him. ”Is this axe yours?”. On seeing the axe replied that it was not his axe. Next god showed him another axe made up of sliver. The woodcutter again replied that was not his axe. Now god showed him one more axe made of bronze. On seeing the axe woodcutter with of happiness replied that was his axe. God was impressed and pleased him for his honesty and gave all the three axe for him. The woodcutter was very happy and took all the axe to his home.

Dear Sanju, if we are honest in all the situations god will be pleased us with more than what we want.

#YoursHonestly,
Your mom. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment