Monday, June 15, 2015

Dance the best medicine

My grandmother was not completely cured, when the hospital doctors informed that she can be discharged today. She was still very sick and weak. The hospital staff arranged the ambulance to transport my mother back to home. I was extremely disappointed and was developing negative feelings on the medical science, since medicine and doctors could not cure my grandmother.  If it cannot cure a person, then what is the use of hospitals and medicines?
On the other hand, I did forget that my grandmother is becoming old. Birth and death are natural and one has to admit that. The doctor said that my grandmother can survive only for a month. I took her to the balcony and offered the coffee. She is a die-hard fan of coffee. She enjoyed every sip of it and gave the cup back to me with a smile on her wrinkled face.
A thought crossed my mind. Instead of cribbing about her health, I decided to fulfill all her wish in this one month. I do not have any magical power to change her fate, but I had the power to keep her happy till.
“Mom (I address her by that way), do you have any unfulfilled wish?" I asked my grandmother with an unease tone.
As serious as she could be, she said, "Are you planning to fulfil my death bed wish"
Tears rolled down to my cheeks.  She smiled and looked at me. I did not have courage to look at her back, hence I left the place.

In the Evening, while watching TV, there came Allu Arjun song. My grandmother, who was sleeping on the bed, took effort to come to living room and watched the song. She also added that she likes Allu Arjun a lot and his dance is effortless and full of energy. I sensed a content in her face after watching his songs.
The next day morning, I saw in newspaper that Allu Arjun and Anushka Manchanda are coming to a mall for ABCD2 promotion. I know my grandmother likes Allu Arjun dance, hence I took her to the promotions.
As soon as I shared my plan of taking her to the promotion of ABDC2, where Allu Arjun is coming for the promo, I could sense an excitement in her eyes. She eagerly got ready for the promo. We reached the mall early and to our surprise both Allu Arjun and Anushka Manchanda were on time. The entire crowd cheered them and welcomed with roar. On observing the crowd, my mother also got excited and roared along with the crowd. The day was spent with full fun masti. Dance, singing made the environment brighter and brighter. My grandmother thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. Even after reaching home, my grandmother was excited to the core.

The next day, I had a checkup for my grandmother and took her to the hospital. The doctor was so surprised that her BP level and health was normal. When I shared the incident that we went for promo and she did slight dance over there and was cheerful throughout the function, the doctor advised to continue to do that in possible ways to keep her lively and healthy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment