Thursday, June 18, 2015

The most beautiful gift in the world



My dad’s journey and his role toward his vision of making me the head of department of a university was agitated with hard work, sweat, strong-willed determination and persistence. He trained me to remember and follow only one slogan as soon as I wake up. "Be Determine to be productive today".  No doubt, his experience had shaped me better.

I look back on those early years and remember his sacrifice that made me to excel in my career today. At the start of my career I was supposed to give a presentation to a group of 1000 people on the topic “thin-film”. It was an excellent opportunity that anyone would receive at the initial stage of the career. I was very nervous to face a crowd of thousands, hence my dad accompanied me. On seeing my nervousness, my dad understood what’s running in my mind.
He said, “You may not have all the answers or cover all of the planned material. You may not receive positive and complete attention from all the audience. But if you are passionate about what you are presenting and saying, the audience will remember that passion for a long time before they remember the words you are conveying.”

Those words went deep into my mind and I portrayed my presentation with sheer passion. He stayed with me throughout my presentation and cheered like a true devotee. If I reminisce those days as a young teenager, lot of emotions bubbles up to the surface of my throat and leaves me speechless.

If I am being successful today, I will admit that it’s because of my dad’s love for me that got me here.
This achievement, however pleasing, does not come without the struggle of my dad. I am so glad that my dad has prepared me for it. I am so grateful to my dad. I am married now and staying with my husband and kids. I visit my father’s home once in every month. The space he occupied in my heart, push me further to new boundaries and new possibilities. I hear his voice inside my heart that advises me during the tough times.
What could I favor him in return? I know, none of our dads will love expensive gifts or money. Their happiness is their kids. On this father’s day, I have one expensive gift that would make our dad to cloud with happiness.

Hug Your Dad and say how much he means to you. I am sure, that’s the most beautiful and expensive gift in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment