Friday, October 02, 2015

My Birthday Gift

My Birthday Gift

Today I wake up little earlier in the morning than the usual time and started preparing breakfast. I have to get my elder son ready to school and my husband was getting ready to college. My husband is a professor in a private institution. Throughout the day my younger son(turning one year old next month) keeps me busy. 

By the time I completed breakfast, I heard a whine of my younger son. I took him from bed and started packing lunch and snacks for my son. 
“Happy birthday mom” My elder son wished me with a card in his hand. With full of surprise I thanked and kissed him for such a sweet surprise.
“You remember my birthday?” I asked him.
“Yes mom. I selected this card for you, while returning from school yesterday”
“So nice of you” I said and started feeding the breakfast.
 “Bye, Bye mom” he rushed to catch his van, when we heard his school van horn sound.

  Now its my husband turn to wish me. He came to dinning and I was eagerly waiting for him to greet, but he did not. As usual he must have completely forgot my birthday.

Every year, be it a anniversary or a birthday we visit a temple that is near by my house. With thoughts fluttering in my mind, I planned to go for temple in the evening.

After having his breakfast, I asked him to be little earlier in the evening thinking that he will ask for the reason. But he said he would try to come earlier and left saying bye to me. I was totally upset and disappointed.  After a while I heard my mobile ringing and I thought it might be my husband. My husband is known to surprise in different ways.

I took my mobile, but again disappointment clouded my emotions. It was my mom at the other end to greet me. I talked to my mom and dad for a while and resumed to expect a call from my husband. Till evening I was eagerly waiting for my husband’s call, but it turned out to be a disappointment day for me.

In the evening he came earlier as I requested in the morning. I asked him to get ready for temple but he said he is waiting for a person. After an hour, a salesman entered my house with a machine. It was a treadmill and he started giving instruction of Do’s and Dont's with the machine to us. My husband made him the payment and the salesman left the house.

After a while my husband said, "Happy birthday my dear, this is my birthday gift to you. I want to surprise you, so I didn’t wish in the morning.”
I said, "Thank you so much. I thought you have forgotten my birthday. But why tread mill?”

“How can I forget your birthday? Recent times you could not find time for your health. I felt you are ignoring your health while you take care of our son. I want you to be fit and healthy and this will help you a lot. You can do exercise, when you find time. Above all, you don't have to get embarrassed for running outside our apartment. You can stay fit, by staying at home. This will burn out all the extra fat and will control your blood rate and heart-rete. Since heart is the main part of the body, main fitness lies in the protection of heart. From tomorrow, you have to use this treadmill for walking. I will help you in all the ways”.

Really this gift is a different and valuable one for me.

“I am joining the Saffolalife #ProtectHerHeart initiative and pledging my support to better heart health in Association with BlogAdda.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment