Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#StartANewLife

#StartANewLife


This incident happened some 4 years back when my son was in Pre K.G. Now my son is studying II std. we admitted him in the nearby school. Usually school is said to be second home, where children use to spend more time apart from home. I and my husband were working in college, so we decided to leave him were at most care will be given to kids at school. After enquiring all my friends we decided a school for him. The first day when I took my son to the school, I was nervous about my son. Since it was the first time he is leaving home and going to a new environment. I said “bye” to him and was eagerly waiting for the staff to come out from the class. Later the class teacher requested me to leave the place because on seeing my face my son might cry out with excitement. That day happened to be half -day for all the kids. When I went to receive him in the afternoon, I asked him about the new school and new teacher. He said he liked the school very much.
Slowly he began to adapt the new environment and he loved going to school. He got new friends and he began to learn new activities. We enjoyed all his new activities that he does at home. Daily it is a new learning for him and we also started to like the school. Days passed and it was almost in the year-end. Summer started and for kinder garden kids vacation starts earlier. So we planned to leave him with my parents during the holidays.

https://housing.com/
 I visited school to pay fees for the next academic year. After a while the office staff asked about the purpose of my visit. I said I have been here to pay the fees for the next year. They asked me to wait for a moment and then they said to meet the higher authority of the school i.e. Principal. I waited for my turn to meet the principal. When I entered the principal room she offered a seat. I sat in front of her and said that I have come to pay the fees.
She said “last date is over. You cannot pay fees now”
I replied, “I didn't receive any intimation about this”
She said, “We displayed the date in the notice board”
“I didn't see notice board.”
“What is this irresponsible answer? It’s your duty to see the notice board”’
“I am working, so not able to come on that particular time“
She said, “Then what responsibility you have. All parents will leave their children here and they will never come. Big headache to us”
“I have visited earlier many times. But regarding fees I thought I can do the payment at any time”
She said, “School rules will not let to do so”
I asked, “You can intimate us through diary, so that I might have been aware of it”
She said, “Here thousands of students are studying. We cannot intimate to each and every one. That is not our job”.
I can’t even believe that a person who is in higher position is behaving in such a harsh way to the parents. I said, “At least you should intimate the parents who have not paid the fees”
She said, “We have lots of other job in school “
I asked, “Finally what is your answer”
She said, “Wait for some time. I will tell you. Where is your son?”
“He is with my parents” I Said.
She said, “Without your son you are not allowed to pay the fees. You may go now”

https://housing.com/
I came out and called my husband and said everything. In the evening when I met him I said I don’t want this school anymore. He was shocked with my statement and said “Don’t be fool. We will meet her again tomorrow and will convince her."
I said “No. They are treating parents like servants. How can they teach humble manners to the children? They will never learn good manners from this school. We will change the school. I want my son to be educated not in a big school but in a right school”
I took that decision and was also strong in my decision. We moved him to another school where there is good relationship between the parents and school teachers. Today he is at II standard and no issues so far regarding the school. The Class teacher will speak to all parents of their wards once in a month and will discuss the students performance.
Still now I feel pleased of that bold step which gave a positive change in my life and my child’s life. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment